We’ve reviewed it all. Find ACT prep books and practice tests or prep courses both online and local.
Let us know what you think by reaching out to us, subscribing above, or sharing our site with friends. Test Prep Club may earn referral commission on some links below and that does not impact our expert product reviews.
This ACT prep book was penned by a professional tutor who’s devoted years to helping students learn the ins and outs of the exam. Here students will find thorough guides for each exam section.
· This book is both thorough and easy to read. Through its contents, students can learn how to earn the best possible score and gain a deeper understanding of how the exam works in a comprehensive manner.
· The casual tone of the book may make this read more digestible and fun for tense studiers.
· The book’s writer breaks down several actual exam questions, step by step, to help students learn how to understand and approach them effectively.
· The author of the book is also available via email for students with additional questions regarding the material.
· Each explanation featured within the book is extremely detailed.
· This book is designed to be packaged and paired with the similar “red book,” and may not be as effective when used standalone or even with other resources.
· There are no practice exams. Students looking for this type of resource will need to search elsewhere.
· While the book is thorough, its organization could use some improvement. It can be hard to sift through information simply because there is so much of it.
· Some reviewers found the book to be overly long and repetitive in its content.
Barron’s demonstrates test preparation leadership with the latest version of their ACT prep book, but it’s not just the name that stands out. The book is highly recommended by ACT tutors & teachers.
· Aside from the low price point, you are sure to get the most bang for your buck with these 6 practice tests. The tests provide examples of the types of questions students can expect to see on the ACT exam.
· The book also provides test-taking tips and strategies to help prepare students for test day. Each question comes with a detailed explanation to help students understand the reasoning behind it.
· Although the guide includes 6 practice tests, some of the questions do not accurately mirror the exam format and content.
· This is mostly found in the math and science sections, which reflect earlier versions of ACT formatting.
· You will also want to pay close attention to the answer explanations in order to spot typos.
· The book has 2 formats and is available in both paperback and Kindle.
· We highly recommend the paperback version because of the limited functions in the Kindle app.