We’ve reviewed it all. Find SAT prep books and practice tests or prep courses both online and local.
Let us know what you think by reaching out to us, subscribing above, or sharing our site with friends. Test Prep Club may earn referral commission on some links below and that does not impact our expert product reviews.
This complete SAT guide clearly and systematically demystifies the reading section of the SAT, which is considered to be the most challenging with a breakdown of the question types that are included.
• It provides extensive strategies for simplifying and answering questions.
• The book offers a comprehensive review of reading skills on the exam.
• The content delivers a breakdown of each chapter, with the different question types that are included, and in-depth explanations & various examples to display how students can work through each type.
• Different techniques are offered to help the reader understand how to comprehend complex passages and find key information quickly and efficiently.
• All of the test questions provided include a brief explanation and rationale, with the information being clear and easy to read.
• There’s a poor explanation of some of the concepts.
• The content is heavy and extensive, without the use of many illustrations or visuals to break up the material.
This book offers a diverse collection of passages, similar to what is on the actual Reading section of the test, with tips on how to avoid common traps. It also offers answers and explanations.
• It includes a variety of passages to improve reading comprehension, without any content that is copied from other sources.
• The book provides thorough content and covers every type of passage, which includes pieces of internal reflection to stories of characters that interact. All of the questions are thought-provoking and detail-oriented to ensure that the student’s reading ability of literature improves.
• The questions are very similar to what is included on the actual test.
• The original passages are unique and engaging, and they are designed to provide students with content that helps them to grasp the texts.
• All answers are clear and explicit.
• This brand is not as well known as others which can make it a harder choice to purchase
• Some of the reading passages may be too advanced for non-native English speakers or less advanced students